Weight - 14lbs 8oz - 40th percentile
Height - 26 1/2" - 80th percentile
Head - 16 1/2" - 75th percentile
So, since his last appointment, his head and height have maintained, but he went from a 75th percentile weight to a 40th percentile. Doctor didn't seem concerned, but it bummed me out a bit. I want Reid to be as chunky as I was when I was a baby! However, it seems that he is wanting to take after his daddy- tall and thin.
The best news of the day is that his Torticollis has gotten much better! The doctor isn't worried about it at all, said that it will completely correct itself as he starts to sit up and build more strength in his neck.
The doc asked if he was sleeping through the night. Ha! No, definitely not. Last night was our worst night to date. We tried putting him in his crib for the first time two nights ago. That night was okay, he woke up 3 times. However, last night, he was up ever hour until he finally decided to give me a nice 3.5 hour stretch. Its very hard because I have to wake up at 5:45am for work everyday. I don't understand why he is waking up so much, it's only getting worse as he is getting older. He used to sleep through the night from about 3-8 weeks, and after that, he would get up twice a night, tops. He wakes up, I bring him into bed with me, nurse, and he's back asleep within 5 minutes usually. I think that when he wakes up and realizes that he as awoken, he has the desire to nurse/snuggle even if hes not hungry. I don't believe in "cry it out", so I'm trying more subtle changes, like unlatching him before he falls asleep so that he can learn to go back to sleep on his own. I'll keep you posted on any progress.
We were told by the doc to start giving him rice cereal regularly to help with his sleep and weight. We will do this for about a week and then maybe introduce veggies, and then fruit. We will make our own here at home. I would have liked to exclusively breastfeed for 6 months, but I'm willing to give this a try!
Here is a pic from today- eating his feet. Anything that he grabs automatically goes in his mouth these days. haha.


5 comments:
Don't be surprised if he stick his tongue out and pushes all his food back out...its a normal reflex for babies his age it doesn't mean that they don't like the food (the reflex is meant to protect them from choking since they can't swallow well---when the tongue push goes away it means his throat is able to properly swallow). I have to say I haven't heard a doctor tell a mom to introduce solids this early before. Let us know how it works for you.
He looks great!!!! I love the feet in mouth pictures!
He is so adorable! I am so happy to hear he is doing well. Keep up the good work.
He's sooooo gorgeous!! I hope the cereal helps him sleep longer so you can rest! Sounds like he's doing good though!
He is so adorable. I hope the cereal helps you out.
I am sorry you are having such sleep troubles. It is funny because I just got an email from a friend about a book another friend had recommended to her regarding sleep issues in babies. The book is called, "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby"
She said this about the book, "I have noticed a DRAMATIC change in Cannon's sleep patterns. If you are having ANY trouble, a MUST read. Again, Im only halfway there, but have implemented many of the strategies! Have gotten a great night's sleep all week:) I went through 3 weeks of helllllll!!!"
Thats great news about the Torticollis!Good luck with the cereal I hope it helps with the sleep. I am not a fan of the CIO method either. Reid is adorable Breanna!
Post a Comment