Yep, it's official....I suck at updating this blog :( Free time is few and far between, and usually spent taking a nap, cleaning, running errands, replying to emails, etc.Life with Reid is perfection. He has developed such a little personality. It's amazing how much he has changed just in the past couple of months. He can roll from his tummy to his back, from his back to his side, he has found his feet and loves to grab them, he laughs when you tickle him, he smiles back at you, he can ALMOST sit up on his own....before we know it he'll be running around the house! Time has really flown.
I find that the older he gets, the easier he gets. He enjoys watching people, playing with toys and putting stuff in his mouth, and he's content to be set down most of the time- giving mommy's arms a break! We think he is about 14 1/2 lbs now. His next doctors appointment is on Jan 15th, so we'll see then. He got his first set of immunizations at his 8 week appointment. Poor little guy SCREAMED and was just miserable all day long. I hope it's a bit easier for his 4 month set. At his 8 week appointment, the doctor told us that he had Torticollis. Tort (for shot) is a condition where the neck muscles don't grow properly, causing the baby's head to tilt to one side. We do stretches with him and always prop his head straight up in the car seat, but I'm not really seeing a difference. I hope everything is okay and its something he can grow out of. When he is holding up his head, he doesn't really tilt...just when he's laying down.
The only pain my little guy gives me is a LACK OF SLEEP. He practically slept through the night every night from 3 to 8 weeks, but for the last 2 months, he has been waking up about 3 times a night. However, it could be worse. He will fuss and start to cry in his co-sleeper next to me, I bring him into bed to nurse, and he falls back asleep after about 5 mins and i transfer him back to his co-sleeper. I just don't understand why he sleeping has gotten WORSE as he's gotten older. The past few nights he's also been hard to get down. He used to be easy to get down- like clockwork, every night at 9pm I would nurse him and he would zonk out. The past few nights, I nurse him, he falls asleep, but when I got to set him down, his eyes shoot open and he's wide awake again. Oy! Silly boy.
We had a GREAT first Christmas. Reid got way too many toys. He is such a loved little boy! Will and I are so blessed to have him in our lives. This time last year, we had just found out that we were pregnant. My, what a difference a year makes!
Okay, that's all for now. I'll try a lot harder to update more often ;)
'Til next time!




2 comments:
Yay your back!!!
YEAH for updates!!!!
Post a Comment