....too bad Reid is BREECH and facing my back the whole time!
He is in what they call the Footling Breech position, where he feet are literally down near my cervix. I just knew he was, I could feel the kicks, and they HURT. He's been this way for about a week now, he must have flipped, because I used to feel his kicks up high.
It's still very likely that he will flip and end up head down, but it makes me nervous. The u/s tech made me feel like he should probably be head down already, or maybe I was just reading into it too much, I don't know. On top of that, he wouldn't turn and face forwards for the ultrasound. We only ended up with one or two decent photos, so she is letting us come back at no extra charge. She said to come back when I felt that he wasn't in breech (or when my doc confirmed that).
Here is the only decent pic of our little man. We think he has a combo of mine and Will's noses- the more flared nostrils like Will, but the slope of my nose. It also looks like he has very chubby cheeks, like mine :) It's also hard to see him because of the "stuff" floating around (umbilical cord, arm, other stuff, etc). He was fairly active the whole time, wiggling around and moving his arms a lot. He fell asleep towards the end. haha.
I'm disappointed that we didn't get better photos, but at least we get to go back. I'm also worried about him staying breech, especially Footling Breech. It's not a good kind to be. BUT, I know the chances are that he will move, so I need to quit worrying about it.
Moving on...
Saturday I participated in our community garage sale. Since Will had to work, my mom spent the night on Friday so that we could set up at the crack of dawn in the center parking lot. We got there around 6am, and man, the place was already busy! We had a lot of fun, got rid of a ton of stuff....but go figure, I left with more than I came with! Not number of items wise, but here is what I came home with:
A new dining room set! There is not a SINGLE scratch or stain on it, it's extremely solid, and I'm simply in love with it :) Best part? The price. Yeah, I got a smoking deal on it. When I first saw it walking around, I stood and looked at it for 3 minutes before I got up the courage to ask how much it was. I thought for sure they would be asking $500+, way out of my league. Nope! They were asking $200. I called Will and told him to stop by on his way to work (it was 8:30am) to look at it. As I was standing there, literally 5-6 more people came up and asked about it. I KNEW that if I waited for Will to get there, it would be gone. So, I made my offer. $175. They took it! Once Will saw it, he really liked it too. We needed a new table BADLY. We have had the same $99 Wal Mart table for 4 years and it was falling apart.
I also scored a chaise lounge from the people in the booth next to us for a hot deal. It could use some new stain and the bottom plank needs to be nailed back on, but it looks nice in the backyard and will be a nice place to relax once I get a cushion on it.
Last but not least, a ton of baby clothes! The whole lot was around $10!
So, that's it for now folks. We have a big training meeting here at work this week which will keep me busy. On Thursday night I am flying out to Seattle for my sister's wedding reception. I'll be back Sunday afternoon (Will's first Father's Day!). I need to get my Gestational Diabetes test done soon too, hopefully early next week. Hopefully we will go back for our return 3D/4D ultrasound the following week.





No comments:
Post a Comment