Sunday, July 20, 2008

33 weeks + Maternity photos!

Not only am I not "nesting" yet, I'm even too lazy to update this once a week! I've been feeling great, just kind of tired.

Reid is getting big! They say that he is probably close to 5lbs at this point, and he could already be as long as he's going to get. It's "fattening up" time! He is completely head down, and I can feel that he has run out of room. I no longer get kicks, I get "pushes" and "wiggles" from him stretching his legs, arching his back, and turning over. I'm also getting pretty good at identifying which body part is which. His back and butt create the most pressure, while his feet are more pokey. I describe feeling his feet like I am being drawn on from the inside. It's like someone is taking a huge marker and pressing and dragging it, because I can feel his little foot/feet moving around.

Everything is plugging along just great. The doc says that my weight gain looks good. It's finally leveled out as I'm no longer eating like a crazy ravenous pregnant woman :) I think my stomach is running out of room, so I get full a lot easier. I'm gaining about a pound a week, which is just what I am supposed to be gaining (unlike the 2lbs a week I used to gain! haha). Blood pressure is always right on track and my belly is measuring right to date. Only snag is that my platelet count came back low yet again. I've been getting blood draws on a weekly basis now, the most recent one was to do a screening panel to check for other abnormalities. The doc wants to rule out an auto-immune disorder, but thinks that the low platelet count is just an oddity of pregnancy and is most likely nothing. I hope to have my results back in a week. I have a feeling that they won't find anything, because I really do feel just perfect, I don't have any symptoms.

Will and I are very close to having everything we need for Reid's arrival. After the shower, we sat down to see what we still needed (which wasn't much!). If he were to come today, we would be pretty much set. The only thing we still need is his stroller, but I have my heart set on one and I'm just waiting to pounce on the right deal.

Last Sunday we had professional maternity photos done. A girl that Will works with is going to school for photography and is starting to build her business. She came out to Rancho Murieta and spent almost 3 hours with us. We are thourally impressed with what she has done for us, and I am so greatful that we were able to capture this time in our lives so beautifully on film. If anyone in the area is looking for a photographer, I highly recommend Andrea. She has a great eye and very, very reasonable rates.

Until next week.....(or two weeks, hopefully not! haha) Enjoy the pics!














5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly can't believe how far you are... times a flying!!! I gave birth at 37 weeks, only 4 more away for ya! It's crazy to think HE WILL BE HERE ANY DAY!!! So we have to get together before you give birth LOL... bc you will have your hands full after!!!!

Angela said...

That last picture in the water--still my fav!

Laura Tenenbaum said...

OMG.... your pictures are absolutely beautiful. I love the water one too...and all the belly-kissing pictures. So sweet. Do you plan on framing one?

*Michelle* said...

Bre,
I've been looking at these pictures several times over the last few days and they make me tear up! It is SO clear how much you and Will love Reid and how welcome he will be! You should send these in for maternity wear pics!! You give me so much hope!

Twisted Cinderella said...

Those are lovely!