Friday, August 1, 2008

35 weeks

37 days until my due date! Wow! Our little man is going to be here SOON!

I'm starting to feel "extremely pregnant"- harder to walk, get up, bend over, tossing and turning in my sleep, having to pee every 45 minutes, haha. Even with all that, I have no complaints. It's all about adjustment really. There are only two things that really annoy me. 1) I start to feel sore and crampy if I'm on my feet too long. Even going shopping is getting a bit painful. Put me in Target, and I'll feel like poo after walking through the whole store. 2) I literally feel like I need a nap every single day, even after work. If you know me, you know I'm not a short napper either. I'll come home from work around 5:30, lay down at 6, and not get up until 8:15 or so. Even after that, I feel tired again by 10:30 or so. It just makes it hard to get things done, which may explain why my house is such a mess...

We had a doctors appointment this week where we found out the results of my screening panel for auto-immune disorders. Negative! My platelets were the same (120) but the doc thinks that it's just a pregnancy glitch and is no longer worried about me. They won't test my platelets again until right before my due date. Yay for not getting stuck once a week!

The rest of the appointment went well. We went over my birth plan, and I only had to make a few adjustments to it after our convo. The only thing I'm upset about is how they will induce me if it becomes medically necessary. I want to avoid Pitocin and Cytotec as they cause un-naturally long, intense contractions, which obviously isn't a good thing for my goal of a natural childbirth. Oh well, we'll cross that line if the time comes, which hopefully it doesn't. I just have a strong, strong feeling that I will go overdue. We would induce if I go over 14 days late.

At my OB appointment, I had gained 4 more pounds in just 2 weeks. Oops. haha. Honestly, I haven't been eating all that much, so I was surprised. I expected my weight gain to start to level off. When we were talking about it, my doc was happy with my overall total and said that I was right on track. I feel great, healthy, and glowing, and I am proud of every pound- all 38 of them! :)

Reid continues to get bigger and stronger every week. I'm pretty sure he's starting to bruise my ribs. haha. A few nights ago I was laying in bed, and he kept poking out a knee or a foot. When he would stop, I would poke him back, and out that knee/foot would go again! He was truly responding to my touch! It was so cool! His hiccups are also crazy strong. They can last for 20 minutes at a time and if he gets them while I have a full stomach, they make me feel like I want to puke because my whole tummy literally jumps with each one.

I think that I've been having more regular Braxton Hicks contractions, although I'm not 100% sure that I have them at all. I'm kind of perplexed by the whole thing. They say that you are having a BH contraction when your uterus gets hard and tight, which does happen to me, but I don't feel anything else. Sometimes I will feel a bit crampy, like period cramps, but not necessarily in time with the tummy tightening. Eh, oh well!

At my next appointment, I will officially be "full term" at 37 weeks. We have to do my Group B Strep test, and I think they also check for dilation at that time. Again, I'm faily certain that this little boy isn't going to come early, but I'm still curious to know if my cervix is having any change!

Okay, well that's it for now. Again, sorry I don't update this more, I really am just plugging along through the end of this pregnancy. When I get further along and start making labor progress, I'll update a lot more I'm sure.

Until next time.... :)

4 comments:

Angela said...

*cough cough* time for updated belly picture!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Angela!! We wanna see that gorgeous tummy!!

Anonymous said...

DUDE!!! you aren't going to be late at all!!! your uterus is getting ready ALREADY by having those braxton hicks!!! TRUST ME... i think he's coming way SOONER then you think!!! plus KEEP ON WALKIN... even though it hurts.... especially when 37 weeks come... just keep truckin along!!!

Lauren and Clint said...

You know what I say- I think you have less than 30 days