Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sorry I'm such a slacker! 31 weeks

I'm 31 weeks pregnant as of yesterday :)

Last weekend was our baby shower, and let me just say, it was AMAZING. I am so, so thankful that so many of you were able to attend. Thank you for making the long haul out to my house in the middle of no where, it meant so much to me to have you there. The whole day was filled with warmth and love, and it was hard for me to step back and realize that everyone was in my house to celebrate our son. What a wonderful feeling! A special thank you to my mom and sister who put on a great party, one that I will never forget.



How am I doing? Great! No complaints, other than the fact that I have to go back for another blood draw this week as my platelet count was low again. This means that my blood may not clot properly during labor and delivery, but apparently, it's fairly common in pregnancy and treatable. We'll see if that's even necessary based on my numbers this week.

Big news on the hubby front. Will is most likely going back to school this Fall! He's only a couple of steps away from being officially admitted to Sac State for the Fall semester. His work is going to allow him to have 2 consistent days off, which will allow him to attend school full time. A lot of work, yes, but I can see it in his eyes how motivated he is. He only has 2, maybe 2 1/2 years left, so hopefully it will go by quickly. He's thinking that he wants to double major in Business Finance and Business Accounting, but that's not set in stone yet. Also, bonus, this qualifies us to have Reid in the campus day care which is supposed to be really good, and also fairly affordable. This would be after he turns 6 months old.

Both Will and I are getting really excited to meet our little man. Only 2 more months, how crazy is that?! I'm also getting excited for his actual birth, something that I'm trying not to be fearful of. I had a great talk with my step-mom Rene, who I always find so motivating. So many important women in my life have had successful natural childbirths, and I simply love hearing their stories. I feel like I am preparing myself for this challenge, and believe it or not, I'm actually looking forward to it!

31 weeks down, approximately 9 to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the shower photos look like you had a great time!