I'm 95% sure that Reid had the hiccups tonight. I read a few days ago that babies will get the hiccups at this point from swallowing amniotic fluid, and I noticed it for the first time tonight! He was very active right after I ate dinner, so I had my hand on my tummy, feeling him move about. I realized that I was feeling a little twitch, in the same spot, every 2 seconds or so. It lasted for a long time, probably 3 minutes, and it was very regular! The thought of this little boy inside of me having the HICCUPS simply warms my heart!
This weekend I went to visit my dad and Rene in Monterey. It was Jordan's junior prom and I had a lot of fun watching her get ready. Oh, the memories! She looked absolutely beautiful, and I'm not just saying that ;) She looked like a Disney princess in a gorgeous pink ball gown, her tiara, and masquerade mask (that her older sister helped make, haha). It was also a successful trip because both my dad and Rene got to feel Reid moving around! Figures though, he was kicking towards the back the whole time I was there, so they didn't get to feel any of his big jabs.
----24 week belly pics, coming this weekend!!----
Here is an update as to what's going on with our little baby boy right now, in the 23rd week...
Although still very thin, your baby now resembles a newborn. His bones located in the middle ear are hardening, and he is able to hear you. Encourage dad and anyone else that will be spending a lot of time with your baby to talk to him through your belly. Studies show that familiar voices get your newborn’s attention and soothe faster than unfamiliar voices. Your baby is over 11 inches long, very close to one foot, and he weights 1.1 pounds. His eyes are fully formed, although the iris still lacks pigmentation. If your baby were born today, he would have a decent chance at survival – up to 43%. He still has a lot of work to do, and you still have a ways to go before it is time for him to be born.
Your baby will continue to swallow amniotic fluid and recycle it as urine. The liquids and sugars that the baby retracts from the fluid is a supplement to the nutrients that the placenta delivers. You might be able to feel small `jumps` inside of you when your baby gets the hiccups from swallowing fluid. The pancreas is developing and it will responsible for insulin production, to help break down sugars.
By 23 weeks pregnant you are probably still experiencing some drastic mood swings at times. Don't worry if the McDonald's Christmas commercials send you into a fit of tears. This is relatively routine for most pregnant women. Take some time during the next few weeks to enjoy your baby's movements. Your baby is likely to be more active in the upcoming weeks than later in your pregnancy when he runs out of space to move about so freely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Aww I can't wait to feel/experience my baby with hiccups! :D
it is funny when baby gets the hiccups
Post a Comment