(title = link)
Documentary about the birth industry, and how it is failing us. Birth is a miracle, a rite of passage, a natural part of life. But birth is also big business. Compelled to explore the subject after the delivery of her first child, actress Ricki Lake recruits filmmaker Abby Epstein to question the industry in which American women have babies.
It's a full length documentary, about an hour and a half, but it's worth watching. I don't want to go into details because Will and I are still trying to figure out logistics, finances, and what we are most comfortable with, but we may be making a big change when it comes to how we bring Reid into the world :) This movie may have pushed me over the edge, and I mean that in the best possible way. There have been things that I have wanted from day one that I felt prevented from receiving due to my insurance, but I recently found out that I have more options than I once thought. I'll keep you posted.
Until then, here are my 22 week belly pics! Grow baby boy, grow! :)



4 comments:
Is someone considering a homebirth now??
Breanna! I'm so glad you wrote about this documentary...I've been dying to see it! I'm really interested to know what your potential new birth plans might be...
Talia
That is so funny because my last unit in anatomy and physiology right now is the reproductive system and OH LORD let me tell you what I have learned!!!!
-America has the highest rate in the world for inducing labor, because doctors are pressed for time, and with that being said
-NO DOCTOR EVER should rush the birth of your placenta EVER, the mother could DIE FROM HEMHORAGE AND BLEED TO DEATH,
and what happened with me?? yah, they rushed the birth of my placenta, did I know that at the time HELL NO!!! AND THE FACT, in which I already told you THEY DIDN'T EVEN LET ROB SPEND THE NIGHT THE FIRST AND SECOND NIGHT!!!
BIRTH SHOULD BE A MORE BEAUTIFUL THING... and honestly if you did have a home birth, your contractions aren't going to hurt as much, because you are comfortable in your own home and you know your ass doesn't have the option of epidural LOL!!!
I do know that my contractions did get worse when I went to the hospital, because I was SOOOOOO nervous!!
I am totally interested in what your new birth plan is as well!!!
I would love to see that video! I have heard a lot about it.
Post a Comment