This little guy is getting strong! Reid has been giving me "belly shows". When he kicks and moves around, I can watch my belly roll, jerk and twitch. I have a feeling he is still larger than "average" like he was at my 20 week appointment.
Did you know it's only 103 days until my due date?!
Speaking of looming time lines, I have random freak outs in regards to what still needs to be done:
~Dog run in backyard (to get these "mangy beasts" outside more often)
~Molding in Reid's room
~Dresser and bookshelf for Reid's room so I can finish decorating and putting away what I have.
~We still need so many important things, like car seats, strollers, etc!
~Look into childcare centers here in Rancho Murieta and El Dorado Hills.
~A WHOLE HOUSE cleaning, but that will happen before the shower.
~Finish all of the childbirth books that I have started but haven't finished because it seems "so far away"....it's not!
~Book (if Will agrees, haha) another 3d/4d ultrasound. I didn't think I would want to do it again, but I do, I really, really do! I want to see his little face, I'm sure he will get getting nice and chubby by the time we would do this!
A week from tomorrow we have an OB appointment where they will book my GD test (gestational diabetes), and I believe that after this appointment, I will begin seeing them every 2 weeks instead of 4 weeks. HOLY COW. That's because I am less than 2 weeks away from my 3rd trimester! *freak out time* That same day, we will also be touring the Birth Center. No, not at the hospital, the free standing midwife run birth center. However, after much discussion, we don't think we will be making the switch, not for this baby anyway. It's more expensive than our insurance covered hospital birth, and if, God forbid, I had to be transferred to a hospital, we would have to pay both the birth center and the hospital, pushing us into the $8,000 range :( I still very much want to keep our appointment and tour, because it WILL be an option for a 2nd baby, if finances were to allow.
How am I feeling? Still great, but a little more tired. Then again, that could just be typical Breanna, everyone knows how I love my naps! I've officially gained 25 lbs since pre-pregnancy and I feel it. Walks that Will and I used to make easily around the community are now a lot more difficult. Sometimes it's harder to stand up, not because of the belly per se, more likely because of the 25 lbs that I'm not used to. All of that being said, I love being pregnant. I feel more beautiful now than I have ever felt in my life, I really, really do...
The next 4-5 weeks are going to be busy. This last Saturday, Nadia graduated from Sac State with her degree in Sociology! I am so, so proud of my best friend! This weekend, my dad is coming up for a visit to help me with some things around the house, help that I desperately need. It is nearly impossible to get things done with Will working weekends and me working weekdays. We never have a solid 2 days off at the same time to finish projects. The weekend after that, I signed up for our community garage sale. Time to PURGE some of this stuff that has accumulated in the house over the last 3 years or so. A lot of it is nice (for garage sale stuff) so I hope to make some decent money as well! The weekend after that is my sister's wedding reception in Seattle. I am flying up alone on Thursday night...only my 2nd flight by myself, and my first flight pregnant! It will be an adventure and I'm looking forward to seeing my big sis :) That Sunday is also Father's Day, Will's first! The weekend after that, it's CLEANING TIME to get ready for the baby shower which is the following weekend, June 28th.
WHEW!
This morning as Will and I were laying in bed, he pats my tummy and says, "I can't wait until he is actually here" Me neither! However, I replied, "He's okay in there for now. Can we go back to sleep?" haha. Hey, maybe I'm taking so many naps because my body knows that they will be non-existent in 3 short months :)
Naps or no naps, I can't wait to meet my little boy. I already love him so very much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
First off girlfriend... yessssss the naps are sooooooooo normal!!! i slept and slept and slept allllllllll the time... lol!!! your body is just preparing for when you do have that little man, and could be up for quite a while!! you will even wake up in the middle of the night to go pee or have a snack (graham crackers were my favorite lol).... all in preparation for little reid to come!!! so don't worry JUST SLEEP!!!!
Post a Comment