Since the day that we saw that 2nd pink line, we have been counting down the days. September 6th. Tick tick tick. Once, a long while ago, making it to our first appointment at 10 weeks sounded excruciatingly far out. Then, it was waiting for that big ultrasound at 16 weeks. next, it was 20 weeks- halfway there! Then, the baby shower at 30 weeks. This pregnancy has been filled with so many time lines and milestones, but more importantly, 39 weeks of pure joy, excitement, and awe. This baby inside of me has grown from one teeny sperm and egg (yes folks, that's how babies are made) to a full grown baby boy, just pondering the correct moment to make his debut into this world. We stand in awe- we have created life. As I'm writing this, my eyes are filled with tears and my heart has never felt more full of love. It feels even more when I realize that the moment I lay eyes on this precious baby, my life will forever change. Our lives will forever change. We have been given the greatest gift that any couple could ask for. I feel so blessed to have had these 39 weeks to carry this child- what a miracle, what a blessing. Pregnancy has been everything that I hoped it would be, and so much more. I can honestly say that I have enjoyed every moment. The human body amazes me, I am fascinated by it. Who knew that by falling in love with Will, and by him falling in love with me, that we would eventually be here today, anxiously awaiting the arrival of our first child.
So, while we may feel a bit anxious and impatient for Reid to make his grand entrance, what is 7 more days? I've waited my whole life for this, and I will try to cherish these remaining days- for I have never looked forward to anything more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awww... that was sooo sweet!! it gave me a lil tear!!! and you better cherish this last week because you won't be sleeping the next LOL... just kidding!!!
Post a Comment