Sunday, August 31, 2008

A less emotional update :)

I realized after my post last night that I had more to add, but didn't really want to interrupt those thoughts with less serious things. haha.

First, as you can see, I am sharing some photos. Why? I've been spending a lot of time learning how to use my camera, and I mean REALLY using my camera. I've worked my way into full Manual and out of Auto. I'm learning about exposure, light, aperture, focus...all that fun stuff. I even got Photoshop CS2 and have been learning how to edit my photos like a "pro". I have a long ways to go on both ends, but I am really enjoying it. I can't wait to take photos of Reid!

How have I been feeling? Great, considering I'm just a few days away from giving birth! haha. Emotionally and mentally, I feel more energized than I have ever been, it's just the physical that seems to hold me back.

Will and I have been going on a walk around the block every night for the past week or so to see if that will help speed things along. I'm not a huge believer that any of that stuff works, but I figure that walking is good for me regardless if it bring labor on or not! I've also been spending time sitting on my birthing ball. It's supposed to help widen your hips, but more importantly at the moment, it's just super comfortable to sit on. It forces me to sit up straight, which feels great on my back.

Yesterday my mom and I spent the day out and about. I don't know if that was the cause, or if my body is just preparing itself, but I had the most contractions that I've ever had last night. Again, not sure if they are "real" or just the Braxton Hicks, but I like seeing my body do SOMETHING. I can't say that they are painful, they just feel TIGHT, and the only hurt if I try to move during them. I haven't been timing them because I figure I will know when they are "real enough" to do so. Oh, something else different that I have been experience is a cramping that can only be described as period-like cramps. These just started yesterday. I swear, they feel just like a menstrual cramp and I feel them both in my uterus and in my lower back, but they don't coincide with my uterus getting hard, so I don't know what in the heck they are doing.

Until next time...









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooooooooooh!!! I voted for 5th Sept. I don't think it will be too long now Bre!!!! ((((huggles))))

Twisted Cinderella said...

those are great pics! You will take wonderful pics of your son.

Anonymous said...

c'mon already! What's the news!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Breanna- we need some new updates on this blog!!!! Share some stories and pics on how Reid is :D :D