Saturday, January 5, 2008

(Almost) 5 week update

Whoo hoo, tomorrow I will be 5 weeks! I've been spending way too much time online, but in the midst of the "this can happen" and "that can happen", I read that once your baby has a heartbeat, the risk of miscarriage goes from 15-20% to about 5%....and the heart is supposed to start beating between the 5th and 6th weeks. WOW, can you believe it? That just blows my mind.

How have I been feeling? Pretty good! No morning sickness, but it's still early. I'm hopeful that because my mom didn't get it, I won't either. I guess we will know in about a week as it's supposed to start setting in around week 6. My only symptoms include a bit of cramping (a pulling, stretching feeling), fatigue (although it's been better the past 2 days) and sore boobs. TMI, I know ;) Sorry!

I was bad today and went out and bought some baby clothes. I've been holding out pretty well, simply because I don't want to buy much before we know the sex. That being said, I can't pass up a good deal! I got all of this stuff at Old Navy for only $19! I'm a pro, what can I say?

Yesterday I did something that I was desperately hoping to do. I canceled our RE appointment! When I called, the receptionist asked if I needed to reschedule. It was so great to say, "No, I don't actually, I'm pregnant!". She was so nice, she practically shrieked "Congratulations!!" Wow, what a great place! If anyone ever needs help conceiving, I highly recommend the Northern California Fertility Medical Center. They allow you to e-mail the doctors directly, even before you are a patient. In our process of trying to conceive, I can't tell you how nice it was to e-mail back and forth with a real doctor. Everyone that I talked to was kind, professional, and cheery. Here is their site http://www.ncfmc.com/

Okay, I think that's it for now. I'm not so patiently waiting for our first OB appointment on February 11th. Only a little more than a month away, I hope it goes by quickly!


PS, here is some info about the baby right now, 5 weeks:

Until now, the embryo has been a mass of cells, but by this point in your pregnancy a distinct shape begins to form. The neural tube, which will eventually form into the spinal cord and brain, runs from the top to the bottom of the embryo. A bulge in the center of the embryo will develop into your baby's heart. At this time, the placenta develops. It is through the placenta and its fingerlike projections, called chorionic villi, that an embryo receives nourishment from its mother.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So are you 5 weeks from your last period or 5 weeks from conception? im guessing from period though... ANYWAYS,,,, don't worry I already bought stuff too ;O) I couldn't pass up some good stuff, plus It will allow me to buy stuff over time to accumulate more SINCE, you spoiled me and braidyn more than any of my other friends!!! luv ya much and I am so happy to read your blogs :O)

Anonymous said...

OMG Breanna, what does it feel like to know that likkle 5 week baby is inside you right now?