For those who don't know, Will and I had been trying to get pregnant for about 5 months. In fact, we had even booked an appointment to see a RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) for late January to have some simple tests done. I'll admit, I went through probably 2-3 pregnancy tests each cycle. I was so used to seeing negatives! Well, shortly after this baby was "conceived", I had a feeling that this was it. I don't know why I thought this. In my heart I had a feeling, but my brain was still doubtful.
I was 11 dpo (days post ovulation) when I decided to waste yet another test. Keep in mind, I was still two days away from being "late". I woke up around 6am, snuck into the guest bathroom as to not wake up Will with my early-testing-sillyness. I did my thing and left the test on the counter to wait. I took the dogs out, and decided to take a look at the test. HOLY COW!!! There was a 2nd line!!! I picked it up, stared at it for about 5 seconds, started shaking like a leaf, and ran into the bedroom to wake up "Daddy".

I stood at the end of the bed, grabbed his toe, and said "Babe, come here"......"Babe, come here, I want to show you something!" He grunted at me, "What?? Did one of the dogs pee?" HAHA. Then, by the huge grin on my face, he could tell something was up. I shoved the test in his face, he said, "You're pregnant??" I said, "Yes!!!" and he gave me a huge hug.
I managed to get an appointment for a blood test that same afternoon. I was a bit worried that it would come back "inconclusive" because it was so early. But, I thought, if my test was positive, I should have enough hormones for a blood test to come up positive. I had my blood drawn at 4pm on Thursday, December 27th. I called the doctors office the next morning at 8:30 am. What can I say, I wanted to hear the words "You're pregnant"! Well, the results weren't in yet, and I felt a bit like a weirdo for calling so soon. But, low and behold, not 3 minutues late, they called me back. "Hi, Breanna? This is so-and-so from Doctor Greenburg's office, your results came in. It's positive!" YIPPEE!!
So, here I am, just 4 days later. It's all still sinking in. It's early, so we're taking it cautiously, but I'm letting myself enjoy it as well.
So, there you have it, Will and I are going to be parents! What an amazing Christmas gift!
Oh! And my due date is September 7th, 2008.
My first appointment with my OB is on February 11th.

4 comments:
Hey Bre! Hope you don't mind me stalking...Just wanted to say congrats and read your blog! (can I add it to my fave links on my TTC blog? if not I understand!)
~Lindsey (JM pal)
Thanks Breanna!! OF course you can add me too. (I say a lot of things in my blog that I don't share on JM) :P Thanks for the luck and encouragement, etc! I appreciate it. I wish we lived closer too. One day we def. should meet up! Take care!! (can't wait to read more of your blog!)
~Lindsey
Congratz again! This is Jackie from JM on WTTC ;) I'll be stalking & hopefully we'll be in the same DDC! I loved how you told DH, too sweet! And I voted a BOY on your poll!
Hi Beautiful,
Do you know how much I love you? Have you seen the cell phone commercial where the Daddy goes on a business trip and his little girl has put a stuffed monkey in his briefcase? He takes picture at diff. locations with the monkey and sends them to his daughter. What gets to me is when she finds out he is home and the way she gets so excited. That was a mirror image of us. It gets to me every time. I am so excited I. You & Will will be the best parents but let me do 'most' of the spoiling.(haha) (I can't wait!)P.S. I voted boy because this family is due!!!!!!
With all my love always!
Daddy
Post a Comment