Work has been busy, busy, busy. This darn real estate market is making my job a bit more difficult, but the magazine is doing okay, all things considered. I feel energetic in the morning and when I'm meeting or talking to people, but it's the 15 minutes of downtime that kills me. All of a sudden, it's 2:00pm and I can't keep my eyes open. My solution thus far as been a quick trip to Jamba Juice. That usually helps! Hey, I've given up Starbucks, another major chain needs my money, right? :)
Will has been doing exceptionally well at work, but paying the price by working long hours. I'm not sure if he's just doing well and getting lucky with his customers or if he's working extra hard because we have a baby on the way. I know he wants to get out of the car business so I've been spreading the seed with people I know. I know it worries him that he may be working these odd car business hours while we have a baby, toddler, and child. He doesn't want to miss any of my prenatal appointments or little league games. Good news is, he just got transfered to a new crew, a better crew, and he likes his new boss much better. He's already made work aware that he will be taking off for our appointment on February 11th!
I'm feeling much more relaxed about this pregnancy. I'm not out of the "danger zone", but I have a feeling everything will be fine. One of the silly things that I am looking forward to is making the big announcement on Myspace. Haha. How very 2008 of me, right? I'll be doing that after the ultrasound in a little less than 3 weeks.
I had a great talk with my coworker, I told him on Monday that we are expecting. I wasn't planning on telling him so soon, but it felt like the right time. I know that he is truly happy for me. It feels good to have someone else on my team when it comes time to tell the boss. Upon talking to Roan, he reinerated that the time that I will need to take off is a blip on the radar. I think I will be taking 1 issue off from the magazine. I already have 12 under my belt, they will be fine without me for that time.
My OB's office gave me a nice little psyc out on Monday. I got a message saying, "Hi Breanna, this is Rachel from Dr. Cragen's office, I'm calling because I am able to move up your appointment, please give me a call back" Whoo hoo! I called right back, but they were out to lunch for 2 and a half hours (who takes 2.5 hours lunches, really?) So, I am practically doing jumping jacks I am so excited, only to find out that she moved up my Nurse consultation, which is basically just paperwork, by ONE DAY. Whoopdie doo......
Alright, that's all for now folks. Here is the 7 week embryo update!
The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudgy extremities you're daydreaming about holding and tickling. Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the
only thing getting smaller. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry. If you could see inside your womb, you'd spot eyelid folds partially covering her peepers, which already have some color, as well as the tip of her nose and tiny veins beneath parchment-thin skin. Both hemispheres of your baby's brain are growing, and her liver is churning out red blood cells until her bone marrow forms and takes over this role. She also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. A loop in your baby's growing intestines is bulging into her umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from her tiny bodyHands are developing at an amazing speed this week! Day 48

And this is the hand only 3 days later!

Your baby's feet are growing at an amazing speed as well. Day 51.

And this is the foot in week 8. D
ay 60.

1 comment:
I am so glad that you are feeling much more relaxed about this pregnancy. More and more I have been feeling like everything will be fine with my pregnancy as well. It is nice to be able to relax and enjoy this a little more.
Post a Comment