Sunday, April 27, 2008

21 weeks ~ Put the crib together today!

21 weeks....I'm officially on the down slope. Eep!

Little Reid has been kicking away, sometimes hard enough that it takes my breath away. I guess I'm still getting used to it, and I'm what you would call a "tummy addict". I love feeling him move from the outside, so any time he is moving around in there, my hand is glued to my tummy in hopes of feeling a kick. It amazes me every time! Will got to feel another big one the other night, the kind that makes me gasp. We both sat there giggling like 2 year olds, it was so cool! Reid must have been like "Hey! What are you guys doing?! Leave me alone!" *KICK* haha.

We FINALLY put the crib together today! Will has been so busy at work, we simply haven't had time, and when we did have time, we were both too lazy. haha. Believe it or not, the most difficult part of the process was getting the thing out of the box! There were only 7 pieces and the cardboard weighed almost as much as the actual crib did.

We also got the rug put under the crib, the white chair set up, and I moved all of the clothes that were sitting on the floor into the crib since we don't have a dresser or any storage yet. We need a dresser ASAP, the closet is already full! haha. Unfortunately, the one that matches our crib is way too expensive, so I would just like something to match the espresso color. I've found one at Ikea for a good price that would look nice, and they also have a couple of options at Sears. I want to do a lower profile one so that we can put a changing pad on top of it. I don't think we have space for an actual changing table and I've also heard that they aren't that necessary.

I can't wait to get the rest of the room put together! My next big project is getting the chair rail installed. I'm a bit intimidated, but I'll figure it out. Once we have that in, I can start decorating the walls and working on smaller details. All in all, the room feels much more put together after today. Will and I joked that we should dress up Jack and put him in the crib for a funny photo....and I totally would, but we don't have the crib mattress yet! haha.









1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Too stinking cute~ His room is looking great! And you are sooo glowing!! Loving the bump! ;)