Friday, February 22, 2008

12 week update!

Oh my goodness, I'm 7 days away from being in my 2nd trimester! Some places say that your 2nd trimester begins at 12 weeks, but if you do the math, that doesn't work out. Haha. So, I won't count myself as "2nd trimester" until I hit 13 weeks.

My "morning sickness" lasted all of 4 and a half days...weird weird weird. I'll take it! Oh, and thank you soooo much for all of the concern regarding my last post and how I've been feeling weird with sugars. I've tried cutting it out almost completely, especially in the morning, and I think its made a difference. As long as it's not as bad as it was a few days ago, I think I'll wait to talk to my OB about it at my next appointment.

Want to know what I did today? I got IMPATIENT and booked an ultrasound at 16 weeks to determine gender! I am soooo excited! My OB won't do it until 20 weeks, but this place in Roseville guarantees gender prediction or your money back as early as 16 weeks. I never thought I would do this because I figured it would be extremely pricey, but it's only $65! Well worth it in my mind to find out a whole month sooner. The appointment is on March 25th at 12:45. I thought Will would be mad at me for booking it, it wasn't something we discussed. I looked it up on a whim and after I saw the rates, picked up the phone and did it. However, he wasn't mad! He seemed totally on board, rare for my extremely patient husband :)

Will lost his grandmother on Wednesday. He loved her very much and she was an extremely important person in his life. You have no idea how many times Will has said to me "....but babe, Ganner didn't make it like that!" haha. I've heard great stories about her and could tell in the few times that I met her that she was an awesome lady. Will is especially sad because he didn't get the chance to tell her that we were pregnant. He realizes that it would have been more for him as her mind wasn't in the same place due to illness, but it is still something he regrets. If you could please keep Will and his family in your prayers, that would certainly mean a lot to me.

Okay, are you ready for your 12 week fetus update?? :)

Your baby's crown-to-rump length is almost 2.5 inches and she now weighs between 8 and 14 grams! In just three weeks, your baby's size has more than doubled and begins to look a lot more human. Even though you won't be able to feel your baby moving at this time, you can stimulate him and he will squint, open his mouth and move his fingers or toes. By the end of this week, your uterus is too large to remain completely in your pelvis. You might be able to feel your uterus above your pubic bone.

Because most of the structures are already formed at this point, few will be formed after this time. The structures will continue to grow and develop throughout the remainder of your pregnancy. Your baby's skeletal system now has centers if bone formation in most of the bones. The digestive system is capable of making contractions that push food through the bowels and it is also able to absorb sugar. The pituitary gland beginning to make hormones.

Your baby develops reflexes and the skin is very sensitive. The brain is fully formed, and the child can feel pain. the baby may even suck his thumb. The eyelids now cover the eyes, and will remain shut until the seventh month to protect the delicate optical nerve fibers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW just think you COULD start feeling movement in as little as 2 weeks!! crazy crazy... send Will my condolences! Grandmas are the best, I am so happy both of mine are still alive to have met braidyn :O)

Anonymous said...

I have my U/S on March 19! I can't wait to find out what we are both having.