Friday, February 8, 2008

Who would have thought...

...that I would be excited over getting my blood drawn! Yesterday Will and I had our first appointment at the OB's office but it was only for paperwork, history, and labs. We got a tour of the office which was fun- very new, luxurious and state of the art. They have their own ultrasound machine which is awesome. Some folks don't get an ultrasound until 20 weeks when they find out the gender, but I get one on Monday! I was so excited just to be sitting in the office, pregnant and happy :) They sent us home with more paperwork to send to the hospital (Yikes! You mean I have to actually get this thing out of me someday? haha) and some other random info.

This morning I went to the lab to get my prenatal panel which consisted of 6 viles of blood. I decided to "man up" and watch as she drew it. I keep giving myself these little challenges, just small ways to prepare myself for the gore that is birth! Stupid, I know, but it makes me feel strong ;) Anyway, she was great, by far the best (be it MOST) blood draw that I've ever had.

Last night I tossed and turned, thinking about the big appointment on Monday. I am so excited but also scared. I just hope everything is perfect and healthy with this little baby. I can't wait to actually see him/her! Hey, I even had a dream that they found two babies on the ultrasound! Not an omen I'm sure, I'm 98% sure that there is only one little bean in there. 2 would be.......terrifying, exciting, a miracle.....so many things. I guess we'll find out in less than 72 hours!

I'll update this as soon as I can after the appointment, hopefully with a photo.

2 comments:

Twisted Cinderella said...

I can't wait to hear about your appointment. You will be so excited to see your little one!

Anonymous said...

I remember my first ultrasound :O) can't really tell much of what it looks like lol... anyways, I can't wait to here from you tommorow... i went to target today and there was SOOOO much maternity wear on sale... although it was winter stuff.. your not gettin big till summer anyways!! im keepin my eye out for some hot items.. and HURRY up.. only 9-10 weeks until you find out the gender.. WHO HOO.. and I can figure out what to get :O)