Friday, February 29, 2008

13 weeks! Officially in the 2nd trimester!

I don't feel all that far along, but when I hear "2nd trimester" it kind of hits me :)

So, the big news for the day....Will got a promotion!!! He is now working in the internet sales department at Elk Grove Toyota. This is great for him because he is great on the phone and getting people in for appointments. The promotion has been a long time coming and very much deserved after selling cars for over 5 years.

I had a good week at work. The weather was awesome, near or above 70, and I was super busy with appointments. I love getting out of the office and all of them went really well. I don't know how to describe it, but I have felt more motivated than I have been in a long time. Maybe it's because I'm excited about life right now and I've been feeling like myself again.

Only a little over 3 weeks until we find out if this little one will be Reid or Harper/Milan!

Oh wait, did I just spill names?!?! ;)

If it's a boy, his name will be Reid August Francis Thurston. Reid is Will's dad's middle name, August is a family name on his side as well as his little brother Ian's middle name, and Francis is my dad's middle name. I never thought I would give my child 2 middle names, but they all mean something, so I'm okay with that. Besides, he has cool initials! RAFT! The two middle names were Will's idea actually. Whoo hoo!

If it's a girl, we are still trying to decide between Harper and Milan for a first name. I love how Harper Milan flows, but I like Milan better as a first name. We still have no idea for a middle name besides the two above. We'll keep you posted.

And PS- no comments from the peanut gallary on this one, okay? haha. If you don't like any of the names, TOUGH! They will grow on you, I promise! :) haha....I'm just kidding....but really, we've heard pretty good feedback on these names so that's good.

Here is your 13 weeks baby update!

There is a lot going on with your baby this week. Your baby's intestines are migrating from the umbilical cord into his or her abdomen. The villi are also forming in the intestines, and these help in peristaltic movements and digestion. The liver begins to secrete bile and the pancreas is even secreting insulin! All twenty teeth have formed and are waiting under the gums, while your baby has begun to practice swallowing by taking in the surrounding amniotic fluid and pass it back in his urine. Your baby can smile and his vocal cords are quickly developing, too. He looks more and more human as his eyes move closer together and the ears are beginning to move to what will be their normal positions. Your baby weighs between approximately 13 and 20 grams (½ and ¾ ounce) and is approximately 2½ to 3 inches long. The placenta and baby are about the same weight now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW so you already have a boy name... is someone thinking they're having a boy??? lol... i totally forgot to answer your question hecka long ago about if i really felt like i was going to have a boy... I HONESTLY didn't know.. but I too picked out a boy name first... :O) so maybe.. just maybe... you'll have a boy... BUT SHOOT your gunna find out in 3 weeks you say!!! I CAN'T WAIT... and just so you know IM WATCHING HIM/HER.. lol... Im totally down :O)

Erin said...

I totally had a dream last night that I knew a girl named Milan! And she had a life-long mission to actually visit Milan and was all into fashion. Is it a sign???