I'll start from the beginning.
I woke up around 5:30, absolutely terrified and physically shaking. As much as I wanted to be excited for today, I just wasn't. I was scared. I was scared that something would be wrong, that the baby wasn't alive or wasn't growing properly. Thankfully my wonderful husband got up shortly after to make be breakfast. He knew how important today was and it made me feel a lot better.
I went into work until 10:30 when Will picked me up for our 11:00 appointment. Tick tick....time goes by and they still haven't called us in. Everyone in the lobby got called in before us, even people who got there 45 minutes after we did! Finally, it was our turn. I got to meet Dr. Cragen who was really great, I like him a lot. He did a routine pap and then it was time for the "magic wand" :) Poor Will sat there looking very out of place! haha. I finally said to Will, "he's getting ready to do the ultrasound, you can look now". The moment that the wand got to it's destination, there is was, our baby. A head, a body, arms and legs. Perfect, absolutely perfect!
He looked around to make sure there wasn't a 2nd little one in there and then we just watched our little bean on the screen for a while. He/she was moving around, twisting and turning and moving it's arms and legs. The Dr. measured the baby and he/she is measuring 1 day ahead, 3.37cm from crown to rump, putting the gestational age at 10 weeks and 2 days. Yeah! That's my little one, just a little bit ahead already ;) He then hovered over the flickering heart and out of no where you hear "boom boom, boom boom, boom boom". As if there weren't tears streaming down my face already! It was the most wonderful sound I have ever heard! He said the heart rate was 170bpm which is perfect (psst.....the old wives tale is that a heart rate over 150 means GIRL!).
Okay, here is what you have all been waiting for.....pictures! I think they are pretty good, but we saw better ones on the screen. Notice how we have an upside down baby :) I'm also amazed at how roomy my uterus looks! haha.




4 comments:
YAY YAY YAYA!!! I called you today.. but I read the blog before you called back!!! soooooo cooooll... I want another one so bad now :O)
Wow, a peek at our first grandchild. Very exciting! Thanks, Breanna, for keeping us so up-to-date. Being in another state isn't quite so bad with all these updates!
Wow Bre, like I said, that blog brought me to tears and Baby Thurston is looking wonderful! Congrats!!
I am so glad that you got to see your little one and that all was well. I so understand those tears! I have cried for both my U/S and when I heard the heartbeat on the doppler.
http://everaftermyway.wordpress.com/
Post a Comment