Soo.....guess what's getting bigger......my tummy! I still feel small and not pregnant a lot of the time, but then other times (usually after I eat, ha) I'm like, "woah!"
On Saturday I was our running some errands before my dad got here and I stopped by Babies R Us. I just the love the atmosphere there, so I mill around. I sat in a couple of gliders, but the only ones I like are expensive. Boo to that. I saw a cute young couple looking at gliders too, she was probably 7.5-8 months preggo. A few minutes
late while I was standing at an end cap, I feel a tap on my shoulder. It's the girl, and she points to The Snoogle and gives me the thumbs up. She says that it has been her savior and that she can't sleep without it. Her husband pipes up and says that he steals it from her in the middle of the night because it's so comfortable! I look at the price tag, $54.....yikes. But, she swore by it, and I thought it was super sweet of her to recommend something that she truly loves, so I got it!I realized after the fact that hey, I must have LOOKED pregnant because the girl knew that the pillow as for me! She said, "YOU will love it" and said "congrats" as she was walking away. Whoo hoo!
I've used it the past few nights and it IS amazing!! Will wants me to buy HIM one too! haha.
I also stopped by Old Navy.....oops. haha. I found a couple of pregnancy friendly tank tops, but I'll be honest, the real reason I bought them was because when I tried them on, you could totally see my belly! haha. I also found some girls clothes that I can return if this little
bean turns out to be a boy. I'm telling you, I'm going to have a lot of returning to do once we find out the sex! The two tops were on sale, and all of this stuff is 0-3 months which I don't have much of yet. The grey dress is quite possibly my favorite thing yet. So cute!
My dad came for a visit on Saturday evening. Me, him, and Will went to Mikuni for dinner in Elk Grove and had a good time. I know you aren't supposed to have sushi while pregnant, but the main risk lies in potential bacteria. As long as you are at a reputable place, you should be fine. Also, being that I NEVER eat fish, my mercury risk is nill by having sushi once. I know I probably shouldn't have, but I feel that most things are okay in moderation.
Moving on....we are hopefully finding out the sex of this little one in less than 2 weeks! I found an ultrasound place that I liked a lot better. When I called to ask how early they could determine gender, the lady left me a very nice and professional message. I just got one of those, "I like this woman" vibes, so I booked it for Saturday, March 21st at 8:30 am. Will, my mom, Doug, Will's parents, and brother and sister will be coming. It's going to be a full house, but I'm excited for all of them to meet our little one. I can still remember how it felt seeing him/her on that ultrasound screen for the first time, WOW. I want to share a piece of that experience with them, and it works out well because Will's family is going to be in town for Easter that weekend anyway.
I also have a regular 4 week checkup with my OB this week on Thursday. Will has the day off, so I requested it off too. We don't get an ultrasound, but I'm hoping that they will use the doppler to hear the heartbeat. I love my OB's office and I think I will be excited before every appointment, no matter how routine and boring!
Okay, I think that's it for now! I'll probably take a new belly pic next weekend, I'm tending to do it every 2 weeks. Till next time.....

2 comments:
ooooooo sushi.. yummy!! lol.. just dont take any anti-acids if you do eat it again.. ;O) the PH of your stomach will kill most any bacteria!! besides the acidophiles that actually cause stomach ulcers haha!! anyways, im so totally studying about that crap right now!! its fun, but i really want to be a vegetarian lol!! we need to go out sometime!!!
Ugh I just left you a longggg comment but the gist was that a friend of mind has the Snuggler from her pregnancies with her 5 y/o and 21 month old. She still uses it and the kids love it-- they snuggle into the "white cloud" too. In fact, this Christmas, her son asked Santa for one-- and got one. :)
Post a Comment