Sunday, March 30, 2008

Big shopping day!

I was so preoccupied with find out that little Reid is a boy that I completely forgot to share a couple of photos from Easter. The one of us looking down is going in a frame in Reid's room.

Yesterday my mom and I got up early to go to Goore's (a local, higher end baby store) annual warehouse sale. I borrowed my boss's truck in hopes of bringing home a crib. When we first got there and walked around, I didn't see one that I loved. However, there were tons of unopened boxes of cribs. I asked a girl if the ones on display were the only ones they had. She said yes. My mom and I didn't really believe her because there were SO MANY boxes. We came across another gentleman (who turned out to be Ken Goore, the owner himself!) and he said that they DID have cribs in boxes for sale that weren't on display. I told him kind of what I was looking for and he went back to check. He said that he had a Munire crib in espresso that I might like. He walked us over to the box, but there wasn't a photo. We asked if we could see what it looked like, so he went back into his office and had his son get online to look it up. It took them like 10 mins to get an internet connection because we were literally in a warehouse! Finally, they brought us in, and I LOVED IT!! The 2nd best part was the price. My mom was buying our crib for us and had a fairly decent budget in mind. That being said, most of the cribs in Goores are in the $500 range. He gave us this one for $250!! It was originally $399 or $499 I believe.

We also found a super cute bouncer/rocker by Maclaren which is a really great brand. It matches our colors exactly!

We got all of this loaded into the truck and dropped it off at my mom's place so that we could go back out shopping. We headed over to Ikea where I found a chair for Reid's room, a huge rug, a stuffed puppy, a lamp, some crib sheets, decorations, and pillows. Even with the chair we walked out of there for around $300. Gotta love Ikea!

We went back to my mom's and loaded all of our finds in the truck to take back to my house. After we did that, we stopped by Old Navy were we found more cute clothes on sale.
We also got our paint from Home Depot a while back. We are going to put up a thick white chair rail along the room, under that will be a dark blue, and above it, a light blue.

OH! And I forgot to post about the bedding that we got for little Reid. I have been IN LOVE with this set for over a year now, before I was even pregnant. It's called the Chase Collection by Pottery Barn (pic is below). I got the bumper, crib sheet, and skirt. All of our color sceme works around the bedding.

It was a GREAT day and I'm so relieved to have some of the bigger items out of the way for his room. Now we just need a dresser (found a perfect one at Ikea for $250 but I wasn't ready to buy it) and a bookshelf/case. From there, we can concentrate on the small things and things like strollers, car seats, etc.




No comments: